Prep Time – 2 Minutes Cooking Time – 5 hours Servings – 6
Forget the chopping, dicing, and simmering, these tacos are made with simple ingredients and can be created in two minutes flat. And if that doesn’t sell you on making this recipe, maybe the idea that this meat can be frozen and used to make other healthy minute meals will. This recipe is a spin-off of my mom’s pork tacos, so keep in mind it can be made with either chicken or pork depending on your preference! The pork provides a bit more flavor, while the chicken keeps more buck in the bank.
Taco Ingredients –
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Large Jar Green Tomatilla Salsa
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- Place chicken, salt and pepper, and salsa in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks and keep the slow cooker on warm until served.
- Serve on corn tortillas with spicy coleslaw.
Spicy Slaw Ingredients
- 5 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 8 Dashes Hot Sauce
Spicy Slaw Directions
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix and chill until served.
- This chicken be served in a taco, burrito, or a burrito bowl depending on health restricitons or allergies.
- Remove half of the chicken and “flat freeze” to make easy enchiladas at a later date.
- Saves time and money!
- Place meat in a freezer bag.
- Label and date the bag with a marker.
- Lay flat in the freezer.
- Once the meat is frozen, it will keep its shape and can be placed upright in the freezer.