Prep Time – 20 Minutes Cooking Time – 10 Minutes Servings – 6
I’ll never forget the time my family and I took a road trip up north. During the trip we made a pit-stop at a friends house for dinner, and it seems as though she might’ve changed our lives forever with that one meal. Whether or not it was the long drive or hungry stomachs that made the food taste so delicious, we will never know. However, I would like to think that her “pesto con pasta” was just simply that scrumptious. Ever since that trip, “pesto con pasta” was one of our favorite family recipes, and we remember our sweet friend Laurie every time we make it. I thought of her last night as I created a paleo version of this delectable dish, and here it is.
Pesto Ingredients –
- 1 Cup Basil Leaves
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 6 Servings Vegetable or Gluten Free Noodles
Pesto Directions –
- Place pine nuts in a pan and cook on medium heat until golden brown.
- Place 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 3 cloves of garlic in a pan. Sauté on medium-low heat for two minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until the ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Pour pesto into cooked vegetable or gluten free noodles, toss, and serve.
Breaded Chicken Ingredients
- 2 Chicken Breasts Cutlets
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Tapioca Starch
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
Breaded Chicken Directions
- Cut chicken into strips that are about 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long.
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Place eggs in a bowl and whisk together.
- Place coconut oil in a pan and warm on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture
- Place chicken in the dry mixture, spoon ingredients on top, pat ingredients down onto the chicken to ensure that it adheres.
- Cook chicken in pre-heated coconut oil for 5 minutes on each side.
Modifications & Time Saving Tips
- Purchase chicken tenders to eliminate the need to slice chicken into strips.
- Double the pesto recipe and flat freeze to make another easy meal at a later date!