My mom used to make German pancakes when I was a little girl. It was so fun to turn on the oven light and watch the pancakes puff up over the top of the dish. My favorite way to eat the pancakes was to squeeze lemon juice all over, sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top, and then add even more lemon to crystalize the sugar. Aside from her delicious coffee cake, this was a fan favorite recipe for sure.
It was last Saturday morning that I was talking with my mom, and she told me she was making german pancakes for breakfast. This, of course, instigated my craving for this delectable past-time breakfast favorite. I set out to make a paleo version, and the result was not only simple, but delicious too.
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a blender or mixer, mix the eggs, almond milk, almond flour, and salt.
- Place the coconut oil in a 9X13 or round pie pan and place in the oven until melted.
- Pour the mixture into the pan slowly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings! I prefer lemon and honey, maple syrup, or jam and berries.